If you are looking for a quick and delicious dessert (or afternoon tea snack!) that is cost effective and fun for the kids – this is it. This Yummo Thermomix Apple Turnover Recipe has been met with rave reviews and it’s so very achievable. Alas, there’s a story behind it.
This recipe was created for The Desserts Issue of our magazine. It is featured in the ‘From the Patisserie’ section, along with Vanilla Slice, a Fruit Flan, Chocolate Eclairs and Gluten Free Choux Pastry (made in to profiteroles). So, Peta put the plan together and Joe was put in charge of the Thermomix Apple Turnover recipe. Alas, when the final edit of the magazine was put together, the Thermomix Apple Turnover was met with … “Hmmmm…”, not quite what Peta had in mind!
Here’s what Peta had in mind (thanks to Old Fernvale Bakery for the image):
Here’s what Joe had in mind…
What do you envisage when you hear ‘Apple Turnover’?
All’s well that ends well. Here is the delicious recipe that was created… not particularly fancy, but very achievable! We liked it so much we featured it in Episode 77 of the podcast.Print
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 10
Feeling overwhelmed by these gorgeous patisserie items? These quick and easy apple turnovers are easily made with simple ingredients you probably already have at home. Kids will have heaps of fun making their own and the best thing? They are so very tasty.
This recipe was also featured in Episode 77 of The 4 Blades podcast: Yum Thermomix Desserts.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These are delicious! I’ll definitely make them again!” – Lily, Age 10
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
- butter – 25g, (*or dairy free spread)
- raw sugar – 60g
- cinnamon – 1/2 tsp, ground
- lemon – 1/2, juice only
- apple – 500g, peeled and quartered
- puff pastry – 3 sheets, store bought
- milk of choice – to brush
- Add butter (25g), sugar (60g), cinnamon (1/2 tsp) and lemon juice to bowl.
- Program 2 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Add apples and chop Speed 4 / 2 Seconds.
- Program 8 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Put the simmering basket into the bowl and drain any excess fluid from the apple mixture.
- Lay sheet of pastry on the bench and cut into square quarters.
- Spoon out 1-2 Tbsp of the mixture into the centre of each square
- Close parcels by bringing two corners together to make a triangle and press the edges together firmly.
- You can cut out letters or shapes with any remaining pastry and sit these on the pastry.
- Brush with milk and bake for 20 minutes.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: Thermomix Desserts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegetarian