Looking for a great Thermomix sweet potato breakfast option?
Ok… so first of all… what IS this? Well, we were curating the best Breakfast Blitz Up recipes for Episode 141 of the podcast and this little Thermomix sweet potato gem came to fruition.
You know how hash browns are completely delicious but quite, well, finicky? Yeah, they didn’t make the cut for the quick Thermomix breakfast dishes.
But we DID want something that was delicious, healthy and filling. This Thermomix sweet potato hash is it. The Thermomix blitzes up the sweet potato without having to drain it like you do with normal potato. Cook it up as per the recipe and serve it with eggs or avocado. It makes a HEAP which is great as you can either use it to feed a crowd or pop it in the fridge and use it throughout the week.
For a dairy free alternative, using Nuttelex or olive oil in lieu of butter.Print
Sweet Potato Hash
- Total Time: 15-25 minutes
- Yield: 4
You know how hash browns are completely delicious but quite, well, finicky? Here is a great alternative that you can blitz up in no time at all. Delicious. Healthy. Filling. All the things you want in a snack! We love serving it with eggs or avocado. It makes a HEAP so you can use it to feed a crowd or pop it in the fridge and snack on it throughout the week.
This recipe was originally featured on Episode 141 of the podcast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Oh My. Do yourself a favour and give this a go. I did it for breakfast one morning and my kids even came out of their rooms asking what was for breakfast as it smelt YUM and they loved it (not bad for 2 kids that aren’t overly fond of sweet potato!)” – Terri
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
- fresh rosemary – 3-5 stalks, leaves only
- garlic cloves – 2, peeled
- butter – 25g (*use olive oil for DF)
- sweet potato – 600g, roughly chopped
- salt flakes – 1-2 tsp
- Place rosemary leaves (from 3-5 stalks) and garlic cloves (2) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (25g), sweet potato (600g) and salt (1-2 tsp) to the bowl. Process Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Heat a large frying pan over a hot heat.
- Pour the mixture into the hot pan. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to do two batches. Set a stop watch counting upwards.
- Leave for one minute. Stir well. Sit for another minute. Stir well. Leave for another minute. Continue until you reach 10 minutes on the stopwatch.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-20 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegetarian