The Last Thermomix Pumpkin Scones Recipe You Will Ever Need
When we set out to create the perfect tea party menu lineup for The Tea Party Collection, we knew we had to include a Thermomix Pumpkin Scones recipe… it wouldn’t be complete without it!
These little rounds of deliciousness have an optional glaze for those who love a little extra sweetness.
This recipe for Thermomix pumpkin scones requires pumpkin puree which of course you can make in your Thermomix!
Making pumpkin puree in your Thermomix is easy!
Simply peel and chop your pumpkin (about 300-500g for this recipe). Add the pumpkin to your Varoma dish. Put 500g of water into your Thermomix bowl and then cook 25 minutes / Varoma / Speed 2. Carefully check that the pumpkin is cooked through. Remove the water from the bowl. Add the steamed pumpkin to the bowl and blend until smooth.
If you are looking for gluten free and grain free Thermomix pumpkin scones – we have a recipe for that too!
Want more inspiration for Thermomix scones?
We have a whole blog post of ideas here, including tips for making the perfect Thermomix scones, and SO many yummy variations!Print
- Total Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 10-12
Scones are a classic afternoon tea snack. They can be served with butter, clotted cream and jam or any other spread. These pumpkin scones go particularly well with peanut butter. Have a nice cup of tea and enjoy the scones with friends.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “My boys gobbled up these scones as a nutritious ‘after dinner treat’. Such a simple scone to make with such delicious results.” – Claire
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
- pumpkin – 250g, puree
- butter – 30g, unsalted
- caster sugar – 60g
- plain flour – 625g, plus extra for dusting
- egg – 1
- baking powder – 1 Tbsp
- vanilla – 1/2 tsp, extract
- cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- milk – 100g
- icing sugar – 100g
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the pumpkin puree (250g), butter (30g), caster sugar (60g), plain flour (625g), egg (1), baking powder (1 Tbsp), vanilla (1/2 tsp), cinnamon (1/2 tsp) and milk (80g only) in the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 2cm thickness. Cut out rounds, using a 5cm wide cookie cutter.
- Place on the prepared baking tray and brush with milk (10g only). Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- To make the glaze, place the remaining milk (10g) and icing sugar (100g) in a bowl and stir with a spoon until thick. If it is too thin, add more icing sugar. Drizzle over the scones and leave to harden.
- Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes