This is a quick Thermomix breakfast accompaniment Joe has been working on – Thermomix Potato Fritters. We featured these in The Breakfast Issue of our digital mag, and then in Episode 71 of the podcast – Thermomix Breakfast Ideas.
We love having bacon and eggs on the weekend, but wanted to mix it up a little bit with our side dish.
These Thermomix Potato Fritters are quite simple, but really delicious. You can even use them to fill a lunch box or for an afternoon snack.Print
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 10 fritters
These tasty fritters are the perfect accompaniment to your hot breakfasts. You’ll get your fill of starch and they complement eggs, sausage and fresh spinach perfectly. They have been designed to be dairy free so in lieu of cheese (common in fritters), there is more salt. If you wish to add grated Parmesan you may want to reduce the salt.
This recipe was also featured on Episode 71 of the podcast – Thermomix Breakfast Ideas.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
- potatoes – 500g, (approximately 8 small)
- water – 500g, hot
- garlic cloves – 2
- onion – 1, large
- butter – 2 Tbsp
- dried rosemary – 1 tsp
- dried thyme – 1 tsp
- salt flakes – 1 Tbsp. (please note: use only 1-2 tsp if using fine salt)
- eggs – 2
- Add quartered potatoes (500g) to the lower dish of your steaming attachment.
- Add 500g hot water to the bowl.
- Set the steaming attachment into place.
- Program 25 minutes / 115C / Speed 2.
- Set potatoes aside while cleaning and drying bowl.
- Add onion (1) and garlic (2 cloves) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (2 Tbsp). Sauté 3 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed.
- Add cooked potatoes. Mash Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Scrape down sides and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Add rosemary (1 tsp), thyme (1 tsp), salt (1 Tbsp) and eggs (2) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 7 seconds.
- Heat a fry pan.
- Pour mix onto fry pan, creating fritters 10cm wide by 1.5cm high.
- Cook for 3 minutes before flipping and cooking for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve as a delightful breakfast side.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Can be frozen
Keywords: Thermomix Breakfasts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegetarian