This recipe originally featured in The 4 Blades Magazine: The Christmas Issue. It formed one of the side dishes of our Hot Christmas Dinner which included a whole chicken cooked in the Thermomix, three side dishes and a dessert. Of course, just like a lot of the recipes featured in that issue, it’s perfect for other times of the year also. The magazine includes a full timeline (starting from days before the event for maximum time management!) in order to not only get the meal out, but enjoy it too!
This Thermomix Pesto Potatoes recipe has become a favourite in The 4 Blades kitchen so we featured it in Episode 66 of the podcast. We love that it is easy and delicious. It’s a great side dish – we had it just last weekend as a side to some beautiful BBQ’d lamb. You can also play around with it by substituting the pesto made in the recipe below with your favourite Thermomix pesto recipe.
Be sure to check that the potatoes are cooked through! Cooking time may vary.
Note: This recipe was updated on 28/01/2016.Print
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
These delicious pesto potatoes make for a great alternative to roast potatoes. They are a component of our Hot Christmas Dinner, but they will make a yummy side dish all year round.
This recipe has become a favourite in The 4 Blades kitchen so we featured it in Episode 66 of the podcast. We love that it is easy and delicious. It’s a great side dish – we had it just last weekend as a side to some beautiful BBQ’d lamb. You can also play around with it by substituting the pesto made in the recipe below with your favourite Thermomix pesto recipe.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A yummy recipe that is very easy to make. If you’re sick of plain roast potatoes, this is the recipe for you!” – Belinda
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
- fresh basil – 25g, leaves
- fresh parsley – 10g
- pine nuts – 20g, toasted (*omit for NF)
- olive oil – 40g
- salt – 2 tsp
- potatoes – 1kg, baby, washed, skin on and quartered
- water – 500g
- Add basil (25g), parsley (10g) and pine nuts (20g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 10 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (40g) and salt (2 tsp). Mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds. If you can hear that the blades aren’t touching the food, stop, scrape down sides and continue. Scrape pesto out of bowl and set aside.
- Add quartered baby potatoes (1kg) to the lower dish of the steaming attachment. Add hot water (500g) to the bowl – no need to wash it. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 30 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Stir the potatoes halfway through cooking. Check that potatoes are cooked through and cook for longer if required.
- Set potatoes aside and empty water from bowl.
- Put potatoes and pesto into bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 2 / 3 seconds, then continue combining with a spatula. This will allow you to get some chunky bits and some mashed bits.
- Transfer to your serving bowl and stir through any pesto from the base of the bowl with a spatula. Serve.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegan, Vegetarian