Thinking of Throwing Your Own Thermomix Mexican Fiesta?
In Episode 145, we welcome Tenina from Cooking with Tenina back on the show to talk all things Thermomix Mexican Fiesta! Mexican food is perfect for a dinner party… it’s easy, delicious and a lot of it can be made ahead of time.
May has seen the release of both The Dinner Party Issue of The 4 Blades Magazine (which has a complete Thermomix Mexican Fiesta section) and Tenina’s new book ‘Mexican Fiesta’. Both have delicious recipes that you can make to create an amazing Mexican feast.
In our conversation with Tenina we talked all about throwing a Mexican Fiesta at home. Here are some of the key tips that we picked up during our chat:
1. Some of the things you need to consider are how many people are attending and what dietary requirements you need to cater for. Once you’ve got that nailed you can think about the number of courses and what they consist of.
2. Tenina says that starting with drinks is always a winner as people will find you funnier after a couple of drinks. LOVE that tip!
3. Once you’ve got the margaritas flowing, people tend to get a bit peckish. As this is a Mexican fiesta why not whip up a guacamole and serve with some crispy tortilla chips. Tenina has a recipe to make corn chips from SCRATCH in her new book! Here are some yummy guacamole recipes you can use to accompany:
4. Once everyone has arrived you can move onto starters and mains. With a Mexican fiesta we all think that it’s nice to have more of a shared experience. Tenina talked through some recipes from her book including Crispy Tortillas with a Roasted Capsicum Sauce and Charred Corn on the Cob. Check out one of Tenina’s Charred Corn recipes here:
5. Then it's onto the mains! Tenina loves her Chicken Tinga (a shredded chicken stew that makes a heap!) Consider which side dishes (there's a link below!) For a vegetarian option, you can't go past Tenina's Blackbean and Quinoa Chilli which is really hearty and filling.
6. Finally, for dessert there’s a beautiful Caramelised Mango Tart with Puff Pastry or Gluten Free Aztec Brownies served with Dulce de Leche Ice Cream.
- Check out the podcast we did with Tenina about Puff Pastry
- Caramelised Mango Tart from Cooking with Tenina
Listen to the whole interview for all the tips, tricks and fun we have along the way.
What’s your favourite Thermomix Mexican dinner dish? Leave us a note in the comments below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave us a review and rating over on iTunes. Once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!