Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Want Thermomix Juicing Tips and Top Smoothie Recipes?
In Episode 121 we’re diving head first into the world of juicing in the Thermomix and Thermomix smoothies. In this episode we cover Thermomix juicing tips and some of our favourite Thermomix green smoothies (and a not so green smoothie).
To listen in to the podcast, simply tap on the play button at the top of this page or download this episode in iTunes or on Stitcher Radio (and don’t forget to leave a review – it really makes our day!)
The recipes we chose this week are:
Recipe 1 – Carrot, Cucumber, Mint and Pineapple Smoothie
We’re kicking off with a super healthy smoothie that isn’t green. This is a delicious fruit and veggie combo that screams Spring. So much so, we also created a similar juice. This smoothie is exactly what it says on the label. It’s so easy and delicious. It makes for a great start to the day or a great mid afternoon hunger buster. To add some creaminess you could also try adding a frozen banana or some yoghurt.
Recipe 2 – Spring Time Thermomix Juice
This is based on the above smoothie, but in juice form. As you will learn from this podcast, it’s not technically a juice as it includes all the pulp. This is a good thing though, you don’t want to miss out on all the glorious fibre. Give this juice a go and you will be surprised just how juice like it is. If you like a sweeter juice you could swap the water for fruit juice.
Recipe 3 – Shrek Juice (From Quirky Cooking)
As with most Thermomix Juice and Smoothies, this is so easy! It’s also delicious. It tastes just like orange juice but not so sweet… and it’s also green. This juice is a great way to introduce your kids to the world of green smoothies and juices plus it’s a great way to get those extra veggies in.
Note: In this pic Polly is enjoying her Shrek juice in her bamboo dinner set from Mamma-Bee. It is BPA and phthalate free. You can check it out here: http://www.mamma-bee.com.au/bamboo-plate-set-pacific-blue
Recipe 4 – Apple Pie Thermomix Green Smoothie
This smoothie is a little more complex in it’s flavour profile but still dead easy. It uses the Thermomix to its potential by creating an almond milk base simply by using almonds, ice and water. This green smoothie tastes like an apple pie with loads of added spinach. It makes two big glasses or one adult glass and two kids glasses. This is the perfect start for the day, have it with breakfast or as a replacement for breakfast. With veggies, nuts and seeds you’ll be ready to get stuck right in to your day.
Here are some cool tips from this podcast…
- If you’re making a juice and would like to keep the whole fruits and vegetables (pulp), we recommend blitzing it on Speed 9-10 for 2 minutes. This really seems to break down those fibres really well.
- For juice, add extra liquid and ice to help break down and thin out the fibrous fruit and veggies.
- Consider the level of creaminess you are after. You can increase creaminess by including dairy such as milk and yoghurt. You can also use nut milks or bananas, avocados, coconut cream or even coconut oil.
- How sweet do you want your smoothie or juice? You can add sweetness by including more fruit, sweeteners such as sugar, honey, xylitol etc., fruit juice, ice cream or sorbet
- For more smoothie recipes and ideas check out episode 32: Thermomix Smoothie Recipes
- We also love everything that Jadah and Jen do over at simplegreensmoothies.com and highly recommend their free 30 day challenge.
What’s your go-to Thermomix Juice or Smoothie? Share in the comments below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave us a review and rating over on iTunes. Once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!