Looking for some great school lunchbox tips?
In Episode 93, we ask Peta, superstar recipe creator from TRTLMT and co-owner of The 4 Blades Mag to answer all of our real life school lunchbox questions, and give us great school lunchbox tips (including a yummy recipe!)
First up, we talk to Peta as the Mum of three boys and hear about the day to day practicalities of packing lunchboxes including:
- Packing for nut free schools.
- Packing different lunches for different family members.
- Getting prepared ahead of time.
Peta shares some of the favourite lunchbox items in her family, including:
Peta also shared one of the favourite recipes from her recent Freezer to Lunchbox challenge, the Mini Carrot Cakes.
A book from TRTLMT!
Peta has recently released a mini-cookbook called Ready. Steady. Lunch! which has sold out not once, but twice! You can currently get an eBook version, or preorder a hard copy, from her online store.
Here are some cool tips from this podcast…
- Love fresh muffins? Freeze the muffin batter in muffin cases and once frozen transfer to a ziplock bag. Cook in the oven when you want a fresh muffin!
- Making pikelets? If you are low on time you can cook them in the oven instead of on a pan! So much quicker!
- Listen up to Episode 34 of the podcast for Thermomix Lunch Box Ideas.
- Check out The Lunchbox Issue and The On The Go Issue for more awesome recipes perfect for lunchboxes.
Do you have a great lunchbox tip? Share it with us in the comments below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave us a review and rating over on iTunes. Once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!