Happy birthday to us! It’s been one year since we launched the magazine! In this episode we share with you some of our favourite recipes, including those that we think you could have missed (there’s a lot to keep track of, right?!)
In this episode, Joe asked Peta and Bec a series of questions about the mag. You’ll find a brief summary of their questions and answers below. To hear their more detailed answers, listen up to the podcast!
“If you could only have one issue of The 4 Blades Magazine, which would it be, and why?”
“What are your personal Top 3 most used recipes from the magazine?”
- Mini Chocolate Mud Cakes (from The Desserts Issue) – GF, can be made DF / low sugar too!
- Spinach Tortilla Wraps (from The Lunchbox Issue) – so much cheaper to make your own! Peta makes a double or triple batch every week, to keep in the fridge or freezer.
- Worcestershire Sauce and Kiddie Approved Tomato Sauce (from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue)
- Grainfree Flat Bread (from The Made in 30 Issue) – we make these 3-5 times per week, and they have sufficed as a breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- Low Carb Chicken Wings (from The Picnic Issue) – a favourite dinner and party food for us!
- Chickpea Patties (from The Lunchbox Issue) – a favourite lunch item!
“What recipe are you proud of creating?”
Peta: The Egg and Bacon Pie (from The Budget Issue) – this has been so popular! It's awesome to see so many homemade pies!
Bec: Gluten-Free Choux Pastry (from The Desserts Issue) – this took a lot of goes to get right, but we got there in the end!
“Can you think of a recipe that didn’t make the cut? Why?”
Both: PAVLOVA! Definitely pavlova. We tried and tried and tried but couldn’t get them mag-perfect!
Peta went to the Alyce Alexandra Cooking School in Melbourne and made the most amazing pavlova there! We will have to get all the tips from Alyce!
“What do you think is an underutilised recipe from the magazine?”
Peta: Homemade Pasta Dough from The Steaming Issue. It's so easy to make your own pasta from home (and much yummier!)
You can take a look at Bec and Joe's pasta-making day in the hills of Umbria (Italy), by clicking here.
Bec: Some of the gluten free recipes! Gluten Free Naan (from The Celebrations Issue) and Gluten Free Raisin Toast (from The Breakfast Issue) were particular favourites. The great thing about good GF cooking from home is that once you have invested in the standard basic ingredients, you can make them again and again!
Don't forget to check out Peta's TRTLMT 2016 Calendar by clicking here or on the image below!
Feedback on the Podcast
If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, we’d love you to leave a Comment below.
If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave us a review and rating over on iTunes. Once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!