Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In Episode 84, we share some fun Healthy Thermomix Halloween ideas with you… WARNING: Some are a little gross.
Click on the play button at the top or download this in iTunes or on Stitcher Radio (and don’t forget to leave a review – it really makes our day!)
The awesome Healthy Thermomix Halloween ideas that we chose are:
Idea 1: Puking Pumpkin with Thermomix Guacamole (from The 4 Blades)
How appetising does this guy look? Super easy and lots of fun. Grab yourself a yellow capsicum (much easier to ‘carve’ than a pumpkin!) and a sharp knife. Cut slits for squinty eyes and a wide open mouth. Remove the top and place carrot sticks in the cavity as your dippers to go with the guacamole. Super fun Healthy Halloween idea!
Idea 2 – Banana Ice Cream Eye Ball (from The 4 Blades)
We raided The Healthy New Year Issue of The 4 Blades Magazine to get the low down on making banana ice cream in the Thermomix. This was a really tasty!
We started with a raspberry coulis:
Add 1 cup of frozen raspberry (90g), 2 tsp water, 2 tsp lemon juice & 2 tsp maple syrup to the bowl.
Combine 10 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed.
Add another 30g water, then mix in on Speed 3.
Strain and cool.
Pour into little bowls for the banana ice cream.
Then make the banana ice cream:
Add 2 frozen bananas to the bowl with a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and vanilla.
Program 1 minute / Speed 8, or until a smooth ice cream forms.
Use an ice cream scoop to spoon on to the raspberry coulis.
Top with a slice of kiwi fruit and a blueberry.
Idea 3 – Veggie Plate with Green Pesto Dip Eyeballs (from The 4 Blades)
Creating these veggie plates are such a cool Healthy Thermomix Halloween idea! Set out all the veggies and let your kids get creative!
Firstly, boil your eggs:
Put the eggs in your internal steaming basket and add 500g water to the bowl. Set 16 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
Remove the yolk from the eggs after cutting the eggs longitudinally.
Fill in the eye with pesto or guacamole and top with a sliced black olive.
We did the veins with some mayonnaise and food colouring, and used a toothpick to draw the veins.
Other quick Healthy Halloween Ideas:
- Boil potatoes whilst boiling the eggs. Add some pepitas and slivered almonds to create a face and a walnut on top as a brain.
- Wrap up an orange and attach crafty eyes to make it look like a mummy.
- Get a skull from the shops and put it on your platter to serve with some ribs. There are some awesome ribs in The Picnic Issue.
- Make a punch and put dismembered doll limbs into the punch to float around!
Here are some cool tips from this podcast…
- You can listen in to our last Halloween podcast (with not-so-healthy stuff!)
- You can now keep track of your recipes from the mag using our Master Index.
- We use Speed 8 / 8 seconds to grate hard things like chocolate and cheese… because Speed 8 is grate!
Feedback on the Podcast
If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, we’d love you to leave a Comment below.
If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave us a review and rating over on iTunes. Once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!