In Episode 69, we’ve got three delicious Thermomix choc chip muffins to share that we think you’re going to love! They are quick to prepare, super tasty and impressive to boot! You’ll definitely want to give these Thermomix choc chip muffins a try!
Here are the recipes we chose this week:
Recipe 1 – Nigella’s Chocolate Chip Muffins in the Thermomix (from The Annoyed Thyroid)
These Thermomix choc chip muffins came with rave reviews and they certainly didn’t disappoint! They were VERY quick to prepare and very impressive. We used chopped up choc chunks which amped up the chocolate. They were very well received by family and friends. We made them with gluten free flour and they worked beautifully.
Recipe 2 – Banana Choc Muffins (from Tenina)
Do you know what we loved about this recipe? We used frozen bananas straight from the freezer and we didn’t have to tweak the recipe at all – it worked great! This banana version of Thermomix choc chip muffins is also quick and very easy… they were ready in less than half an hour!
Recipe 3 – Top Deck Cup Cakes (from Mixing Food and Life)
While these aren’t ‘muffins’ per se… the final product is quite muffin-like. Our bigger sized cupcakes made 10 in total. We may have had a bit more chocolate than vanilla, as you can see from the photos! We put some white and milk chocolate chunks in between the layers which worked really well! Impressive and highly recommended! We didn’t have any buttermilk so we used normal milk with 1 Tbsp of lemon juice. Joe thinks that you could also just use milk in these and get a very similar result.
Here are some cool tips from this podcast…
– Consider getting yourself an oven thermometer to see if your oven runs faster / slower than you think – good to know to help you get better results in the kitchen!
– After Easter you could use leftover eggs chopped up into chunks in lieu of your choc chips for the muffin recipes.
– If you have bananas that are about to go off, peel them and freeze them – perfect for cooking at a later date!
– Muffins are best made with minimal processing – chunky is better!
– Here is the recipe we used to make our baking powder and we talk about the cost comparison of making your own baking powder in Episode 21: Going Gluten-Free Thermomix Style
Feedback on the Podcast
If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, we’d love you to leave a Comment below.
If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave us a review and rating over on iTunes. Once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!