In Episode 58, we bring you three divine Thermomix desserts – perfect for summer!
Here are the recipes we chose this week:
Recipe 1 – Chocolate Berry Hazelnut Torte (from The 4 Blades, adapted from recipe by Cecily Paterson)
This is one of our all-time favourite Thermomix desserts. Perfect for a hot day when served COLD. Not the easiest recipe, but certainly worth the trouble! Gluten and dairy free to boot!
Recipe 2 – Lemon Pound Cake (from The 4 Blades)
This is a simple afternoon tea cake with a lovely zesty flavour. Can be served with lemon icing, butter or even plain with a cup of tea. This utilises some of the egg yolks set aside from the Hazelnut Torte.
Recipe 3 – Chocolate Gingerbread Pie (from Clever Cook)
Oh sweet pie, this is SO good. A favourite Thermomix dessert… Bec, not a huge fan of dessert, became obsessed with this recipe! She had to give it away so she wouldn't eat the whole thing! The fresh ginger in the pie base really adds something wonderful. For those wondering, we used 20g as the ‘knob' of ginger. Officially, a ‘knob' of ginger is one of the arms on a piece of ginger root. We didn't have any agar agar, so substituted this with a sachet of gelatine powder. Next time we will probably add a bit more gelatine as it set well, but could have been a TOUCH firmer. Wow, that flavour though… so yum! And no one would know it was gluten and dairy free! A real winner. PS. We couldn't find Ginger Liqueur, so used a teaspoon of ground ginger as a substitute. Also, we had more filling than we needed, so we made little puddings in ramekins… yum!
Here are some cool tips from this podcast…
– If you are going to activate your nuts, be SURE they are truly dry otherwise you will find them covered in mould on a hot day. Not good.
– When creaming butter and sugar follow the following steps:
1. Add sugar, Speed 9 / 15 seconds.
2. Add butter, Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
3. Add butterfly, 2 minutes / Speed 2-3.
– Agar agar is a vegetarian gelatine.
– This is a great resource for knowing what to do with leftover egg yolks!
– Make sure you check out our new interactive digital magazine by clicking on the links to either the App Store or the Google Play store.
Feedback on the Podcast
If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, we’d love you to leave a Comment below.
If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave us a review and rating over on iTunes. Once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!