In Episode 48, we fill you in on where in the world we have been, make some exciting announcements and share with you some great tips to make the most of what you’ve already got with our fridge & freezer clean out!
Do you have heaps of stuff in your freezer and you need to make some space? Are you heading away on holidays? Are you having a bit of a tight week and need to make ends meet? This podcast episode may have some good tips for you!
We shared with you what was in our freezer and how we put it to use to have less in the freezer when we took off overseas.
We featured a new favourite recipe from Bec…
The ‘Mother Lode’ of Bolognese Thermomix Recipe (from The 4 Blades)
Here are some cool tips from this podcast…
– Store balls of pizza dough in the freezer that can be used for yummy ‘pizza pockets’… a quick snack cooked on the sandwich press, created by Joe.
– To make the best use of ginger, store in the freezer by peeling (have you tried using a spoon?) and then slicing into 2cm pieces and leaving in a ziplock bag.
– Chillies freeze very well in a container or a ziplock bag. Save them from going off in your fridge!
– Linseeds keep best in the freezer as the oil in them can go rancid.
– Avoid UFOs (Unidentified Frozen Objects) by labelling everything that goes into your freezer (don’t forget to include the date!)
By the way… did you catch our announcement?
Feedback on the Podcast
If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, we’d love you to leave a Comment below.
If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave us a review and rating over on iTunes. Once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!