In Episode 12 of The 4 Blades podcast, we amped up the veges!
Firstly, Joe took us through his Jamie Oliver inspired vegetable curry, utilising the varoma.
We served it with steamed prawns, but you could easily just have the vegetables, or add your choice of meat.
She then cooked up a huge batch of bolognese, using the idea to cook the mince in the varoma, to make a lasagne. Instead of lasagne noodles, we used thinly sliced and roasted eggplant / pumpkin.
Thirdly, we trialled a Thermomix version of The Shrinking Hubby’s Greek Inspired Shepherd’s Pie with a Cauliflower and Pumpkin Crust. It was YUM! We halved the recipe and it still would have served 6 people. Apologies… we enjoyed it FAR too much and didn’t have time to take photos!
Here are the steps we took to make the base Thermomix-ready:
- Minced lamb in the TM. 15 seconds, Speed 7. Set aside.
- Quickly chop onion & garlic, 2 seconds, Speed 6. Push down sides. Add oil. Cook 5 mins, Reverse + Speed Soft, 100 degrees.
- Add carrot & zucchini. Chop 2 seconds, Speed 6. Cook 3 mins, Reverse + Speed Soft, 100 degrees.
- Add lamb mince. Cook 5 mins, Reverse + Speed Soft, 100 degrees.
- Add tomatoes, stock, cinnamon, mint, parsley, salt & pepper. Cook 16 mins, Reverse + Speed Soft, 100 degrees.
- Pour into the bottom of your dish for the Shepherd’s Pie.
From here, you can follow Alix’s suggestion for making the crust & baking it in the oven (although chop up the pumpkin / cauliflower a bit first, and add some water!), or you can make mashed potato / sweet potato and put in on top. Bec LOVED it as it was, but Joe would have liked it to have had a sweet potato top.
Once we have made it again and taken some photos we’ll add it to the ‘Recipes’ section of our site.