Don’t you just hate it when you find the perfect recipe for dinner, that you would like to have within the hour and the recipe says set aside overnight?
So here’s a recipe for a SUPER quick thermomix marinade which you can adapt for pretty much any marinade (with the exception of more delicate proteins such as seafood).
Fresh Tumeric x 6cm (a tsp of the powder will work too)
Garlic x 2 cloves (peeled)
Zest of 1 lemon
Ginger x 3-4cm (peeled)
Ground Cumin x 1 tsp
Ground Coriander x 1 tsp
Macadamia Oil x 1 Tbsp
Peanut Oil x 2 Tbsp
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste
Diced lamb x 300-400g
Zucchini x 1 (large diced for shish kebab)
Capsicum x 1 (Small diced for shish kebab)
Place the fresh tumeric, garlic, ginger and lemon zest on Speed 7 for 5 seconds.
Add the cumin, coriander, macadamia oil, peanut oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper, mix for 4 seconds speed 3.
Add the lamb, capsicum and zucchini on 50 degrees, reverse speed slow for 7 minutes.
Place meat and veges on shish kebabs and barbeque.
Use remaining marinade for basting.
It’s just that easy.
Feel free to try this technique out with any of your other favourite ‘overnight’ marinades and let us know how they turn out. this one is a ripper!
Lamb Shish Kebab Marinade
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: enough to marinade 500g diced lamb + vegetables
Don’t you just hate it when you find the perfect recipe for dinner, that you would like to have within the hour and the recipe says set aside overnight? We do!! So here’s a recipe for a SUPER quick Thermomix marinade which you can adapt for pretty much any marinade (with the exception of more delicate proteins such as seafood).
This recipe was also featured in Episode 20 of The 4 Blades podcast.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- turmeric – 6cm piece, fresh (or 1 tsp of ground turmeric)
- garlic cloves – 2, peeled
- ginger – 3-4cm piece, fresh, peeled
- lemon – 1, juice and zest
- cumin – 1 tsp, ground
- fresh coriander – 1 tsp, ground
- macadamia oil – 1 Tbsp
- peanut oil – 2 Tbsp
- salt – to taste
- pepper – to taste
- Place fresh turmeric (6cm piece), garlic (2), ginger (3-4cm piece) and lemon zest only (1) into bowl. Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add cumin (1 tsp), coriander (1 tsp), macadamia oil (1 Tbsp), peanut oil (2 Tbsp), lemon juice (1) and salt and pepper (to taste). Speed 3 / 4 seconds.
- Pour onto meat and allow to marinate overnight or store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb