After numerous rounds of testing, there is one thing that everyone agrees on… this stuffed crust is a taste sensation. How satisfying to be able to make such a pizza from home! If you don’t need two pizzas to eat now, simply freeze one either before or after cooking.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Stuffed crust pizza… fun to make, even better to eat!” –Gail
- 440g lukewarm water
- 60g olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 3 tsp yeast
- 750g bakers flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 300g mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 80g BBQ sauce (make your own with the American BBQ Sauce recipe from The Celebrations Issue)
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and diced
- 4 slices of shortcut bacon, diced
- 50g ham, diced
- 20 slices of pepperoni
- 1 beef sausage, meat removed from sausage and rolled into small balls
You will need:
- large bowl
- silicone mat or baking paper
- rolling pin
- pizza tray or stone
- chopping board
- pizza cutter
- Add the water (440g), olive oil (60g), yeast (3 tsp), bakers flour (750g) and salt (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Remove the dough and place it into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with clingfilm and place into a warm spot to rise for approximately an hour or until doubled in size.
- Add the cheese (300g), onion powder (3 tsp), garlic granules (1 tsp) and parsley (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 7 / 6 seconds. You can leave this in the bowl until it is needed.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Punch down the dough. Divide the dough into two balls and set each ball on a silicone mat or piece of baking paper.
- Roll each ball into a large circle, approx. 30cm in diameter. Alternatively, roll out to slightly larger than your pizza tray or stone. Transfer the dough to the tray or stone.
- Divide the cheese mixture into thirds. For each pizza use a third of the cheese mixture to make a circle, 1-2cm from the outer edge of the dough. Fold the edges over the cheese line and pinch to form a stuffed crust.
- Repeat for the other base, using the second portion of the cheese mixture.
- Top each base with BBQ sauce (80g total), onion (1/2 total), bacon (4 slices total), ham (50g total), pepperoni (20 slices total) and sausage balls (from 1 sausage).
- Sprinkle the remaining third of the cheese mixture over the top of each pizza.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden and base is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve.
Can be frozen before or after cooking
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes