Gyoza are dumplings commonly served in Japanese restaurants. These are a delicious homemade version!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “It was awesome to make these and have them turn out better than the ones we buy when we go out for sushi!” – Anthony
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
- cabbage – 500g, in chunks
- garlic cloves – 4
- ginger – 3cm piece, peeled
- spring onion – 3, or shallots
- oil – 10g
- pork mince – 400g, can also use chicken mince or veal mince
- soy sauce – 6 Tbsp
- cornflour – 1/2 tsp
- gow gee wrappers – 2 packets
- water – 500g
- Chop cabbage (500g). Speed 6 / 1 second. Set aside.
- Add garlic cloves (4), ginger (3cm piece) and spring onions (3) to the bowl. Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides again.
- Add oil (10g). Program 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add mince (400g). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add chopped cabbage, soy sauce (6 Tbsp) and cornflour (1/2 tsp). Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Assemble gyoza as per the photos in the gallery and place a batch in the oiled steaming attachment lower dish and upper bowl.
- Fill the bowl with water (500g). Set the steaming attachment into place.
- Set 14 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Repeat for multiple batches, always checking there is 500g of water in the bowl before starting a new batch.
For variation and a crispy texture, you can try air frying or actual frying the steamed gyoza. For the air fryer, set for 5-8 minutes on 180C.
Can be frozen either before or after steaming
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes