Made for the whole family, this beautifully succulent piece of meat is accompanied by zingy mint sauce that balances the full-bodied flavour of the lamb. This recipe is an all-in-one roast with sides and does not require any additional preparation.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “What a delicious way to roast lamb! Love the all in one ease of this dish. I’d never have thought to put feta on a roast but it was a fabulous and complimentary edition. Mint sauce was quick and easy, no need to ever buy store bought again! Would make again.” – Sally-Ann
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
- garlic cloves – 3, peeled
- dried oregano – 2 Tbsp
- pepper – 1 Tbsp, black, ground
- salt – 5g
- lemon – 1, zest and juice
- paprika – 5g
- butter – 40g (*or oil for DF)
- olive oil – 20g
- capsicum – 1, red or yellow
- potato – 1kg
- tomato – 4
- salt – pinch
- pepper – pinch
- lamb leg – 2kg
- water – 200g
- garlic bulb – 1 whole, cut in half
- feta cheese – 200g (*omit for DF)
- Mint sauce:
- fresh mint – 25g
- salt – pinch
- caster sugar – 10g
- water – 35g, boiling
- white wine vinegar – 40g
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Add the garlic cloves (3), dried oregano (2 Tbsp), black pepper (1 Tbsp), salt (5g), lemon zest and juice (1), and paprika (5g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (40g). Mix Speed 3.5 / 20 seconds. Transfer mixture into a small bowl. Set aside until later.
- Grease a large ovenproof dish with olive oil (20g). Deseed the capsicum (1) and chop into thin strips. Chop the potatoes (1kg) into small wedges (peeling optional). Chop the tomatoes (4) into thick slices.
- Scatter all vegetables within the dish. Season with salt (pinch) and pepper (pinch). Place the leg of lamb (2kg) on top and spread the rub by hand all over the leg.
- Pour the water (200g) in the bottom of the dish. Add the garlic bulb halves (2) to the dish and cover tightly with foil so that the moisture is sealed in. Place in the oven and bake for 2.5 hours.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (10g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds. You can leave the sugar in the bowl as you continue with the next steps.
- Meanwhile to make the mint sauce place the fresh mint (25g) in the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the salt (pinch), caster sugar (10g), boiling water (35g) and white wine vinegar (40g). Stir Speed 1 / 10 seconds. Pour into a bowl.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, take off the foil and crumble over the feta cheese (200g). Place back in the oven and brown for 10 minutes. Serve immediately with the mint sauce.
- Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes