A deliciously spiced ham that is perfect all year round – not just at Christmas!
This ham is delicious served for dinner alongside roast veggies, but we REALLY love it sliced and served cold on toast.
Not sure what to serve with this delicious baked ham? Let us inspire you!
Orange and Clove Honey Baked Ham
- Yield: more than 10
A deliciously spiced ham that is perfect all year round – not just at Christmas! This ham is delicious served for dinner alongside roast veggies, but we REALLY love it sliced and served cold on toast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Never had glazed ham and thought it was hard? This recipe will take your fears away, and even better – it tastes amazing.” – Gail
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- ham – 1/2 or 1 whole leg
- cloves – whole
- honey – 40g
- brown sugar – 50g, dark
- orange – 2 large, zest and juice only
- mustard powder – 1 tsp
- cloves – 1/4 tsp, ground
- vegetables of choice – roast
- bread – toasted (*can omit or use GF)
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a large baking dish with baking paper.
- Add the honey (40g), dark brown sugar (50g), orange zest (from 2 oranges), orange juice (from 2 oranges), mustard powder (1 tsp) and ground cloves (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 70C / Speed 2.
- Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to cut the majority of the rind off the ham piece (1/2 or 1). If using a whole leg of ham, you will want to leave some rind on the shank of the leg.
- Using your hands, and the knife if needed, lift the rind off the fat layer. You will need a layer of fat to remain.
- Use your knife to score a criss cross pattern in the fat to form a diamond pattern. This will need to be 0.5cm deep.
- Poke a clove into the centre of each diamond.
- Baste with 1/2 of the glaze mixture.
- Place into the oven and cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes for half a leg of ham or approximately 1 hour 45 minutes for a full leg.
- Baste with remaining marinade every 20-30 minutes with a large spoon. Once all of the marinade is used, continue to baste with the juices in the pan until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes, basting it every 5 minutes to give it a final glaze.
- Carve and enjoy!
- Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20-45 minutes