This recipe originally featured in The 4 Blades Magazine: The Christmas Issue. It formed one of the side dishes of our Hot Christmas Dinner which included a whole chicken cooked in the Thermomix, three side dishes and a dessert. Of course, just like a lot of the recipes featured in that issue, it’s perfect for other times of the year also. The magazine includes a full timeline (starting from days before the event for maximum time management!) in order to not only get the meal out, but enjoy it too!
Even those of you that don’t love brussel sprouts – give this a go! The saltiness of the bacon and the crunch of the almonds is a great mix!
We featured this recipe in Episode 66 of The 4 Blades podcast – Thermomix Chicken Dinner.Print
Nutty Smashed Sprouts with Bacon
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
This side dish has a great texture to it, and is a great accompaniment to our Hot Christmas Dinner. Super tasty and a great way to get a serve of sprouts.
We featured this recipe in Episode 66 of The 4 Blades podcast – Thermomix Chicken Dinner.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A brussel sprout dish with a coconut note that brings on the comfort factor. Quite creamy and buttery yet it has crunchy bacon and almonds.” – Cindy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
- Brussels sprouts – 500g, bottoms cut off and washed
- water – 500g
- almonds – 50g (*omit for NF)
- coconut cream – 100g
- vegetable stock – 1 tsp, paste
- nutmeg – sprinkle
- bacon – 2 rashers, cooked until crispy and chopped up
- Put Brussels sprouts (500g) on the upper tray of the steaming attachment. Fill bowl with water (500g). Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Once cooked, empty water from bowl and dry bowl.
- Add almonds (50g) to bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds.
- Add steamed sprouts to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 1 second.
- Add coconut cream (100g), stock paste (1 tsp), nutmeg (sprinkle) and bacon bits (2 rashers) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 3 seconds.
- Program 4 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Serve warm.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Thermomix Side Dishes