Apple pies are the definition of comfort food especially in the cooler months that we are experiencing as this recipe goes live.
These little mini sized treats are perfect portions for a small appetite after dinner, serve at an afternoon tea or perhaps to pop in the lunchbox for a special treat. If you are feeling a bit naughty, serve them with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for the ultimate pleasure.
This is a great recipe to make and freeze. Have mini apple pies on hand anytime you need them. Check out the bottom of the recipe for handy freezer tips. We also have a whole section on freezer treats in The Freezer Collection!
Thermomix Mini Apple Pies
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 12
Apple pies are the definition of comfort food. These little mini sized treats are perfect portions for a small appetite after dinner. If you are feeling a bit naughty, serve them with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for the ultimate pleasure.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Easy dessert to whip up in advance and have ready to go for your guests when they arrive. Everyone had seconds!” – Tarryn
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
- eggs – 2
- butter – 225g
- caster sugar – 50g
- plain flour – 350g, plus extra for dusting
- apples – 6, green
- caster sugar – 140g
- cinnamon – 1 tsp, ground
- plain flour – 50g
- cornflour – 1 tsp
- Separate an egg (1 only). Add the yolk to the mixer bowl and set the white aside in a small bowl.
- Add the remaining egg (1), butter (225g), caster sugar (50g) and flour (350g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 20 seconds. Remove the pastry and form into a ball. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- While the pastry is chilling, make the apple filling. Peel, core and quarter the apples (6).
- Place the apple pieces in the bowl along with the caster sugar (140g), cinnamon (1 tsp), flour (50g) and cornflour (1 tsp). Blitz Speed 4 / 10 seconds. Transfer into a small bowl until later.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Place the pastry on a floured surface. Halve and roll out one half to 5mm thickness.
- Cut out 12 circles using a 10cm diameter round cookie cutter.
- Place the pastry circles in a 12-hole muffin tin and press down using your hands.
- Fill each pastry shell with some apple pie filling.
- Roll out the other half to 5mm thickness and cut out 12 circles with a 7cm diameter round cookie cutter.
- Place on top of the pies and seal with your fingers. Cut a few slits in each pie lid and brush over the leftover egg white (1).
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. The lids may come up a bit as the apple mixture expands. That is fine. Serve immediately with ice cream or double cream
- You can freeze after completing Step 7, before baking. Put on a lined baking tray in the freezer for 30 minutes before transferring to an airtight container or ziplock bag. Bake from frozen for 25 minutes at 190C.
- You can also freeze after baking. Put on a lined baking tray in the freezer for 30 minutes before transferring to an airtight container or ziplock bag. Reheat in the oven at 180C or in the microwave.
- Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes