Mexican Chicken Tacos
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
If you are looking for a recipe that is quick, easy and will please almost anyone, this is the one to cook. Tacos are great for entertaining, as your guests can build their tacos any way they like. Chicken tacos and Slow Cooked Beef Fajitas go hand in hand for any Mexican fiesta.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Really easy to do. It was an easy family meal, and my normally fussy 13 year old daughter came back for more.” – Sherrie
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
- chicken thigh – 600g, or breast, roughly chopped
- chicken stock – 600g, liquid
- onion – 1, peeled and diced
- garlic cloves – 2, peeled
- chilli – 1, mild, deseeded and roughly chopped
- cumin – 1 tsp, ground
- dried coriander – 1 tsp, ground
- paprika – 1 tsp
- olive oil – 20g
- lime – 1, juice only
- sour cream – (*omit for DF)
- guacamole – or avocado slices
- cheese – (*omit for DF)
- Jalapeños – sliced
- Place chicken (600g) into the internal steaming basket. Set the basket in place. Add the liquid stock (600g) to the bowl. Program 11 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on. Remove the lid and mix the chicken pieces around to allow for even cooking.
- Program again 11 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Once cooked, remove chicken and liquid. Set both aside.
- Clean and dry the bowl. Add onion (1), garlic cloves (2) and chilli (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cumin (1 tsp), coriander (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp) and oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add chicken back to bowl. Shred Reverse+Speed 4 / 4-6 seconds.
- Squeeze lime juice (from 1 lime) over the chicken and add a little of the set aside chicken stock to moisten chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Mix Reverse+Speed 2 to combine.
- Serve in tortillas with fillings of choice. * If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Chicken can be frozen
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks