Maltesers, Chocolate, Rice Bubbles, Ice Cream… Need we say more?
Not only is this Thermomix ice cream pie impressive and delicious, it’s super easy too. It’s like a Thermomix Ice Cream cake but with a delicious crunchy crust made with chocolate and rice bubbles which makes it easier to handle.
The filling is ice cream mixed with maltesers which complements the crust beautifully. This recipe is a real winner and is sure to impress anyone you serve it to. This recipe was featured in episode 147 of the 4 Blades podcast as the dessert for the kids dinner party, put together by our nephew Sam.Print
Malteser Thermomix Ice Cream Pie
- Total Time: 9 minute
- Yield: 10-12
This ice cream pie makes for an incredibly simple and delicious dessert that will serve a large group. It takes minimal time and will make all the kids (and adults!) feel like they are getting a super special treat! Planning a party? Make mini individual versions in small colourful paper ice cream tubs.
This recipe was featured in episode 147 of the 4 Blades podcast as the dessert for the kids’ dinner party, put together by our nephew Sam.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “It looked amazing and tasted even better!” – Kate
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
- ice cream – 1L, vanilla flavored, softened
- ice cream – 1L chocolate flavored, softened
- chocolate – 700g, Maltesers™
You will need:
- small bowl
- clear round casserole dish, 2.5L
- large mixing bowl
- Leave both ice creams (2L total) sitting out of the freezer until they have softened slightly.
- Add Maltesers (400g only) to the bowl. Process Speed 5 / 3-4 seconds. You want some larger pieces and some crumbs. Set aside half of the crushed Maltesers, leaving you with 200g in the bowl.
- To the Maltesers in the bowl, add the softened vanilla ice cream (1L). Program 1 minute / Reverse+Speed 3, using the help of your machine’s spatula. Set aside in a mixing bowl. Transfer to the fridge or freezer while you are working on the chocolate mixture.
- Add the softened chocolate ice cream (1L) to the bowl with the remaining crushed Maltesers (200g). Program 1 minute / Reverse+Speed 3, using the help of your machine’s spatula.
- Spoon or pour the chocolate mixture into the base of a clear casserole dish until it is about 3cm thick. Add a similar sized layer of vanilla mixture. Continue until all mixture is layered in the bowl. Transfer to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the freezer and cover the top of the ice cream pie with the remaining whole Maltesers (approx. 300g) until the whole surface is covered. Return to the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Cut pieces or scoop straight out of the dish to serve.
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 20 minutes + 3-4 hours freezing time
Keywords: Thermomix Desserts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegetarian