One of the biggest issues people have with a low FODMAP diet is a lack of flavour, so we’ve whipped up this super quick marinade and used it on some fresh salmon fillets. We infused the oil with garlic rather than including the garlic itself, to keep it low FODMAP friendly – to get the most garlicky flavour, we suggest slicing the ends off each garlic clove before adding them to the oil. Make sure you count how many pieces go in so that you can be sure you’ve taken them all back out once the oil is flavoured.
This recipe was featured on episode 138 of the podcast; to learn more about the low FODMAP diet check out the podcast we did on Low FODMAP Dinner Recipes.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “So much flavour in such a short time. The marinade for this salmon was perfectly balanced to not overpower the taste of the fish.” – Kerry
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- garlic cloves – 4, peeled and both ends sliced off
- olive oil – 40g
- lemon – 1/2, juice only
- salt flakes – 1/2 tsp
- ginger – 1/2 tsp, ground
- fresh basil – 4-6 stalks, leaves only, chopped
- fresh parsley – 4-6 stalks, continental, leaves only, chopped
- salmon – 4, fillets
You will need:
- chopping board
- Add the peeled garlic cloves with the ends sliced off (4) and olive oil (40g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Remove the garlic cloves (all four!) from the bowl, being careful not to burn yourself.
- Add the lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), salt flakes (1/2 tsp) and ground ginger (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the chopped basil leaves (from 4-6 stalks) and chopped parsley leaves (from 4-6 stalks) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 2 seconds until your desired consistency has been reached. We did it 4-5 times.
- Cover the salmon fillets (4) with the marinade and either cook them straight away or freeze them for later.
- Option 1: Use the grill under the oven on medium high. Grill the fish skin side down for 4 minutes, then flip and grill for another 4 minutes.
- Option 2: BBQ on a grill plate. Cook with the skin side down for 4 minutes (or until you can see it cooking well up the sides), then flip and cook for a further 4 minutes.
Can be frozen before or after cooking
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes + salmon cook time
Keywords: Thermomix Condiments & Marinades, Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Thermomix Seafood