Low Carb Chicken Wings
- Yield: about 16 pieces
These Low Carb Chicken Wings have a delicious crust on them which will rival any takeaway chicken shop! The great thing about them is that they aren’t covered with the traditional sticky glaze so they are very easily transported, and can be served warm or cold. See the video below for how to prepare your whole chicken wings into pieces.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is very easy recipe to follow and gives a fabulous result! I made these for guests and they loved them! I will absolutely make these again.” – Jenni
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
- salt flakes – 2 tsp, use less for fine salt
- garlic powder – 1 tsp
- paprika – 2 tsp
- pepper – 1/2 tsp, ground, black
- onion powder – 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper – 1/4 tsp, ground, can be omitted for a very mild option
- dried oregano – 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme – 1/2 tsp
- almonds – 100g
- chicken wings – 1kg, separated into wingettes & drummettes, discard wingtips
- water – 500g
- Add salt (2 tsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), paprika (2 tsp), black pepper (1/2 tsp), onion powder (1/2 tsp), cayenne (1/4 tsp), oregano (1/2 tsp) and thyme (1/2 tsp) to the bowl.
- Grind spices Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Set aside spices into a small bowl, reserving about a teaspoon in the mixer bowl.
- Coat the chicken wings in the spices and transfer to the container with lid for marinating. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour, but overnight will help to develop the flavours.
- Add almonds (100g) to the bowl with the reserved spice mix. Grind Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Transfer to a wide bowl or plate to coat the chicken with.
- After marinating the chicken, roll each piece in the almond coating and sit in the steaming attachment.
- Fill the bowl with water (500g) and set the steaming attachment into place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- After steaming the chicken, use tongs to transfer the chicken pieces to the lined baking trays.
- Bake for 10 minutes on each side before removing from the oven. Alternative options are to cook under the grill or in an air fryer.
- Serve warm or cold.
Wrap in aluminium foil and transport in a sealed airtight container. Don’t forget to pack serviettes! Transport with an icepack if serving cold, or in an insulated bag to keep warm.
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + marinating time
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks