Lemon Pound Cake Thermomix Recipe
- Yield: 6-8
Looking for a simple afternoon tea cake which has a lot of flavour? This Lemon Pound Cake Thermomix recipe is a good option. We featured it in Episode 58 of the podcast – Divine Thermomix Desserts.
We initially came across it as it utilised some of the egg yolks we had on hand after making the yummy Hazelnut Chocolate Berry Torte.
Be sure that you don’t let yours get too brown like ours did… it was a VERY hot day in Brisbane, and we have a hot oven at the best of times, so it really cooked quite quickly!
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
- lemon – 1
- sugar – 150g
- butter – 85g
- egg yolk – 4
- vanilla – 1/2 teaspoon, extract
- plain flour – 190g, we used GF
- baking powder – 1.5 teaspoons
- salt – 1 pinch
- milk – 80g, we used Rice Milk
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan. Peel the skin off the lemon and add to the TM bowl.
- Blitz the lemon peel. Speed 7 / 20 seconds. Scrape down the sides.
- Add 150g sugar. Speed 9 / 15 seconds.
- Add 85g butter. Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Add butterfly. Add 4 egg yolks, squeeze 10g lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. 2 mins / Speed 2-3. Remove Butterfly.
- Add 190g flour, 1.5 tsp baking powder, pinch of salt & 80g of milk. Speed 5 / 30 seconds.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin and bake 30-40 minutes. Keep an eye, so it doesn’t brown too much (like ours did!).
- Let cool.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: Thermomix Desserts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Vegetarian