Lemon and Herb Pesto Risoni Salad
- Total Time: 35 minutes + cooling time
- Yield: 6
Risoni is an ingredient we don’t often use, but it’s perfect when you want to whip something up quickly as it’s ready in no time! This salad is great as is, but why not add BBQ chicken, really crispy bacon or pancetta to make it a more substantial meal?
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A lovely, fresh salad that would be great for a side at a BBQ. I actually thought to myself, ‘I would be so proud to take that to a BBQ, because it looks really fancy!'” – Kate
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
- Parmesan cheese – 20g, or pecorino cheese
- fresh herbs of choice – 60g, seasonal, leaves only
- cashew nuts – 70g, or pine nuts
- garlic clove – 1, peeled
- lemon – 1, juice only
- olive oil – 100g
- water – 1.2L, boiling
- pasta – 300g, dried risoni
- cherry tomatoes – 200g, baby, halved
- cucumber – 1, sliced and quartered
- feta cheese – 120g, cubed
- fresh basil – 1/2 small bunch, shredded
- fresh mint – 1/2 small bunch, leaves only, shredded
- rocket – 60g, fresh leaves
Alternate serving suggestions:
- cooked meat – chicken, BBQ
- bacon – crispy
- Add the Parmesan cheese (20g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add the herb leaves (60g), cashews (70g), peeled garlic clove (1), lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and olive oil (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 12 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Chop again Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Without washing the bowl, add boiling water (1.2L) and risoni (300g) into the mixer bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Drain the risoni and rinse under cold tap water. Drain well before returning the risoni to the mixer bowl with the reserved pesto. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds. Add the risoni to a large salad bowl.
- To the risoni, add the halved cherry tomatoes (200g), sliced cucumber (1), cubed feta (120g), shredded basil (1/2 small bunch), shredded mint leaves (1/2 small bunch) and rocket leaves (60g). Mix to combine and season well with salt and pepper.
- You can choose to serve this warm or transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely before serving.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + cooling time
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegetarian