Zesty Orange and Lime Layers to Make the Perfect Sweet Treat!
To celebrate Bec’s 33rd birthday we are sharing one of her favourites with you. She has always been a fan of citrus – so this is a double whammy! The gorgeous lime and orange layers combine to create visually stunning and completely delicious Thermomix cake.
This gluten free / dairy free cake was created for The Kitchen Garden Issue of the magazine which has a whole section of “Citrus Faves” in it (not all sweets though! The Citrus Grilled Chicken is a fabulous example of how you can use citrus to create a great mid-week dinner!)
Did you know we have a monthly magazine for Thermomixers? It is called The 4 Blades Magazine and you can find it as an app on iTunes and Google Play. Every issue has 40+ tried and tested Thermomix recipes centred around a particular theme. The mag is delivered directly to your Apple or Android mobile device – no shipping fees required!
With 45+ tried and tested Thermomix recipes, here is what you will find inside The Kitchen Garden Issue:
- From the fruit orchard we will help you create dinners AND sweets from stone fruits, apples and pears. The Nectarine and Chicken Kebabs are delish.
- From the berry patch you will create some impressive sweet treats. The Berry Mascarpone Dessert Pizza has had rave reviews.
- From your climbing garden you will be able to make yummy dinners with snow peas and sugar snap peas, like our cover image – Beef and Sugar Snap Pea Stir Fry. You will also find sweets made from kiwi fruit, passionfruit and grapes.
- From the crawling garden there will be starters and sides galore – perfect for entertaining. Melons, cucumbers, zucchinis and pumpkins feature here!
- With your root veggies you can create the best potato salad, parsnip mash, soup, bread and finger foods!
- Looking for a great caesar salad? We have it! Along with other great ideas for ways to use your healthy greens.
- Use your citrus faves to make delicious dinners, sweets, and drinks.
- From the trees you can create the most amazing dishes, like Marinated Olives and Choc Cherry Cheesecake.
Here is the whole issue in less than 1 minute:
Want to check out The Kitchen Garden Issue in the app? Tap the appropriate icon for your device below.
This recipe makes brilliant use of your Thermomix. It cooks the fruit in the internal steaming basket, it grinds the almonds, whips the eggs and blends it all together. What a wonder that machine is!
Bec will be subbing out the sugar for xylitol for a lower carb option – you are welcome to do this too if that suits your dietary style.
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know in the comments below!Print