This recipe was featured in Episode 61 of the podcast – Healthy New Year!
At the end of 2014 we asked the readers of the magazine to share with us what healthy meant to them. There can be such a wide range of interpretations of ‘healthy’! We asked for original ‘healthy’ recipes and picked 5 to feature in Issue 03 of the Magazine – Healthy New Year.
This Hearty Lamb & Veggie Thermomix Soup recipe was one that we thought was delicious, filling and really went a long way. We wanted to share it with you to kick off our podcasting for 2015.
It was shared with us by Sally-Ann C. who describes the recipe as ‘delicious, loved by the whole family and super healthy!’Print
Hearty Lamb & Veggie Thermomix Soup
- Total Time: 45 minutes + soaking time
- Yield: 6-8
This recipe comes from reader Sally-Ann C. She says that to her, healthy means “Quality fresh whole foods, particularly those prepared with gut healing properties, e.g., cultured foods like yoghurts, cultured butter, fermented drinks and bone broths. This soup is delicious, loved by the whole family and is super healthy!”
This recipe was featured in Episode 61 of the podcast – Healthy New Year.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a lovely soup. Very flavoursome and creamy, thanks to the red lentils!” – Cindy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- lentils – 200g, red, dried
- vegetables of choice – 450g, or soup veggies, roughly cut (whatever needs to be used up, e.g., potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, celeriac, celery, herbs, zucchini, spinach, beans, corn, etc.)
- onion – 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves – 4, peeled
- olive oil – 20g
- diced lamb – 500g
- vegetable stock – 3 Tbsp, paste, or chicken stock
- tomato paste – 2 Tbsp (or 2-3 tomatoes, chopped)
- bone broth – or water
- Soak lentils (200g) overnight or at least a couple of hours. Rinse and drain.
- Add soup veggies (450g) to bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2-5 seconds (depends on chunkiness you prefer in your soups). Set aside.
- Add onion (1) and garlic cloves (4) to bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil (20g). Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add lamb (500g). Program 2 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed.
- Add stock paste (3 Tbsp), tomato paste (2 Tbsp), soup veggies and lentils and fill to max line with water or bone broth. Program 30 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Serve as it is, or with some of the Gluten Free Crusty French Bread.
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + soaking time
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks