Golden Syrup Dumplings
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
You asked for them, so here they are! It wouldn’t be a Winter Warmers issue without them. Golden syrup dumplings are a lovely dessert for those cold cold nights. Not only are they easy, but they are also budget friendly. Combine these with some vanilla ice cream or custard for a simple but delicious dessert when guests pop over.
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
- self raising flour – 150g
- butter – 60g, cold, cubed
- sugar – 1 tsp
- milk – 130g
- water – 500ml
- sugar – 80g
- golden syrup – 5 Tbsp
- Place self raising flour (150g) and butter (60g) into bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 8 seconds. You want to combine the butter into the flour to form a breadcrumb type consistency.
- Add sugar (1 tsp) and milk (130g). Speed 4 until just combined. Do not over-mix or your dumplings will be dense.
- Roll a tablespoon worth of mixture into a ball. Repeat for the remaining dough. Leave dumplings to rest whilst you prepare the sauce.
- Place water (500g), sugar (80g) and golden syrup (5 Tbsp) into a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar. Bring to the boil.
- Place dumplings gently into the sauce.
- Turn down heat to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve with ice cream, cream or custard.
Uncooked and cooked dumplings can be frozen. Sauce is best made fresh.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: Thermomix Desserts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Vegetarian