Gluten Free Onion and Parmesan Focaccia
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 small focaccia
A delicious focaccia to prepare when friends are coming over for lunch. Great on its own, with fillings or as a side to a main dish. Try this instead of garlic bread on your next pizza night!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Easy to make, tasty to eat. Very versatile.” – Erika
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
- millet – 55g
- brown rice – 35g
- cornflour – 30g
- tapioca starch – 30g
- potato starch – 30g
- xanthan gum – 1 tsp
- salt flakes – 1 tsp, plus extra for topping
- sugar – 3 tsp, or xylitol
- yeast – 2.5 tsp, dried
- water – 140g, warm
- olive oil – 5g
- onion – 1/4, large, brown, peeled and finely sliced
- oil – for frying
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- pepper – 1/2 tsp
- olive oil – 10g
- Parmesan cheese – 30g, grated
- Grease an 18cm circular cake tin.
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed Parmesan cheese (30g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the millet (55g) and brown rice (35g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Add the cornflour (30g), tapioca starch (30g), potato starch (30g), xanthan gum (1 tsp), salt flakes (1 tsp), sugar (3 tsp) and dried yeast (2.5 tsp) to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 x 1 second blast.
- Add warm water (140g) and olive oil (5g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 37C / Speed 5.
- Transfer the batter into the oiled cake tin, smoothing the top with wet hands. Cover with some oiled clingfilm and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes. The bread should approximately double in size.
- With about 20 minutes of rising to go, preheat the oven to 200C.
- Add the sliced onion (1/4) and oil into a frying pan over medium heat. Cook until softened. Season with salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp).
- Drizzle olive oil (10g) over the top of the focaccia and gently spread it over the entire surface with your fingers.
- Scatter the onions over the focaccia as evenly as possible and top with grated Parmesan cheese (30g). Using a finger, poke indents into dough every 2cm.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 20 minutes + 45 minutes rising time
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegetarian