Love Lemon Chicken? Want a Thermomix Lemon Chicken recipe?
I’ve got to be honest with you. I’ve not been a lover of lemon chicken. My mental image of lemon chicken is that of being in a Chinese restaurant and being served a plate of ‘chicken’ which was 95% batter with a tiny bit of chicken inside, covered in a highlighter yellow syrupy sauce. Ick. Not for me.
However, I felt that I could work with delicious citrus flavours and come up with a great method of lemon chicken that families would love. A version that doesn’t use too much sugar. A version that isn’t too tart. A version that is ‘just right’. Oh, and easy to make! That’s not too much to ask, is it? I don’t think so!
This Family Friendly Thermomix Lemon Chicken has a delicious lemon taste which is balanced out by a little apple juice. It has chicken and a good serving of vegetables and is cooked in a way that doesn’t completely drown the vegetables. We think it’s a great example of a Thermomix one pot wonder, so we featured it in Episode 95 of the podcast, along with three other delicious Thermomix one pot wonders.
Have a try of our version of lemon chicken and let us know what you think!Print
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
This family friendly Lemon Chicken has a delicious lemon taste that is balanced out by a little apple juice. It has chicken and a good serving of vegetables and is cooked in a way that leaves the veggies fresh and delicious.
This recipe was featured in Episode 95 of The 4 Blades podcast: Thermomix One Pot Wonders.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- fresh thyme – 4 sprigs, leaves only
- chilli – 1, seeded or deseeded, to taste
- lemons – 2, small
- onion – 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves – 2, peeled
- oil – 15g
- vegetable stock – 2 tsp, paste, using half the recommended salt
- tapioca starch – 1 Tbsp (or 2 tsp corn starch)
- apple juice – 50g
- sweetener of choice – 30g (we used xylitol, can use sugar or honey)
- chicken thigh – 700g, cut into bite sized cubes
- broccoli – 150g, florets, in bite sized pieces
- green beans – 100g, in bite sized pieces
- Add thyme leaves (from 4 sprigs), chilli (1) and lemon peel (from 2 lemons)to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10. Scrape down sides.
- Add onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Combine Speed 5-6 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (15g). Program 4:30 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Add stock paste (2 tsp), lemon juice (from 2 lemons), tapioca starch (1 Tbsp) and apple juice (50g). Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2, measuring cap off.
- Add sweetener (30g). Blend Speed 10 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Test flavour of the sauce. You can add more sweetness / saltiness / lemon as desired.
- Add chicken (700g). Program 10 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add broccoli (150g) and beans (100g). Program 7 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Serve straight away, along with rice or steamed greens.
Can be frozen
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes