So, when you don’t have dairy anymore… nor soy… nor sugar… you can only assume that your ‘Nutella’ days are over. Well, the Thermomix makes the delicious choc-hazelnut spread a delicious treat. Still definitely a ‘sometimes’ food, however!
150g xylitol (or your sweetener of choice)
80g toasted and skinned Hazelnuts
50g cacao powder
70g cacao butter
100g coconut cream
1. Grind xylitol. 30 seconds, Speed 9.
2. Add hazelnuts. 10 seconds, Speed 8.
3. Add cacao powder, cacao butter & coconut cream. Set 6 minutes, 50 degrees, Speed 3.
Listen to Episode 9 of the podcast where we talk about sterilising jars.
Listen to Episode 10 of the podcast where we talk about why we are using xylitol for sweetening at the moment.
To make spreadable after refrigeration, pop in the microwave for a few seconds, or sit in warm water.Print
Dairy Free Choc Hazelnut Spread
- Total Time: 45 minutes if using raw hazelnuts, 15 minutes if hazelnuts are already toasted / blanched
- Yield: 1 jar
When you can’t have dairy, you may miss the indulgence of a choc hazelnut spread. That’s OK… just make your own! This uses hazelnuts, good quality cacao butter and powder, good quality coconut oil and cream and your choice of sweetener – the type and amount is up to you! By the way, if you’re loving our cute labels for the jar, you can find them here.
This recipe was featured on Episode 10 of The 4 Blades podcast.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
- hazelnuts – 120g, raw (or 60g roasted / blanched), or if using raw follow step 1.
- sweetener of choice – 60-120g, granulated, tested with 60g xylitol but can use sugar, rapadura, coconut sugar etc if preferred
- cacao butter – 50g
- cacao powder – 20g
- coconut oil – 20g
- coconut cream – 150g
- Put hazelnuts (120g) on a tray and put into a cold oven.
- Turn oven on to 200 degrees and set a timer for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes turn the oven off and allow nuts to sit in the oven until they are fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and rub them with a tea towel to remove the skins.
- Add sweetener (60-120g) to the bowl. Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add hazelnuts (60g) and cacao butter (50g) to the bowl. Speed 8 / 4 seconds.
- Add cacao (20g), coconut oil (20g) and coconut cream (150g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 70 degrees / Speed 4.
- Blend 1 minute / Speed 9, gradually increasing from Speed 1-9.
- Pour into a sterilised jar. Store in the fridge.
Cannot be frozen
This will harden in the fridge. Pop in the microwave for 20 seconds before using and it will spread beautifully.
Keywords: Thermomix Condiments & Marinades, Thermomix Desserts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Lower Carb, Vegan, Vegetarian