Crunchy Crab Cakes
- Yield: 4 (makes 10 large or 18 small cakes)
What a delicious little meal to enjoy by the beach! Crab cakes are something you will often see in fine dining restaurants, but here we show you how you can easily make these at home or whilst holidaying, without all the fuss. These work just as well with tinned tuna or salmon, if you would like a more budget friendly option.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These are delicious with a lovely flavour. Perfect for a light lunch, or served with a salad or veggies for dinner.” – Kristen
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
- oil – for shallow frying
- salad of choice – to serve
- onion – 1, peeled and quartered
- fresh dill – 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley – 2 Tbsp
- fresh chives – 2 Tbsp
- lemon – 2 tsp, zest
- lemon juice – squeeze
- mayonnaise – 50g
- egg – 1
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- pepper – 1 tsp, cracked
- breadcrumbs – 150g, panko (*can use GF)
- crab meat – 500g
- Add the quartered onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the fresh dill (2 Tbsp), fresh parsley (2 Tbsp), fresh chives (2 Tbsp), lemon zest (2 tsp), lemon juice (squeeze), mayonnaise (50g), egg (1), salt (1/2 tsp), pepper (1 tsp) and breadcrumbs (150g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 6 seconds.
- Add the crab meat (500g) to the bowl. Mix gently with a spatula to combine.
- Pour the mixture out onto a large plate.
- Using lightly oiled or damp hands, divide the mixture into 10 large or 18 small crab cakes. Place these into the fridge for a few hours to develop in flavour and firm up.
- Place a 1cm deep layer of oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Place the crab cakes into the hot pan and allow to cook for 6 minutes without touching them. This will allow the outside of the crab cake to crisp up.
- Flip the crab cakes over very gently. These are fragile, so be careful. Allow to cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with a side salad of choice.
Make your own!
– Make your own mayonnaise with the Mayonnaise recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 2-3 hours chilling time
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Seafood, Thermomix Side Dishes