What’s a flapjack? Flapjacks are the British cousin of muesli bars, and these flapjacks are a great snack on the go! Packed with delicious and healthy ingredients, these are perfect for the energy boost we all crave between meals. The great thing about these flapjacks is that they can easily be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks, which makes them practical and efficient. Simply blitz up a batch on the weekend and you have enough snacks to take you through a week of guilt free snacking. Cut them into sizes that best suit who is eating them – smaller for little people, or bigger for adults.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These are great and so easy. I’ll definitely be making them again!” – Julia
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
- cashew nuts – 100g
- almonds – 100g
- dates – 100g
- cranberries – 80g, dried
- desiccated coconut – 200g, plus extra to coat, optional
- water – splash
- Lightly toast the cashew nuts (100g) and almonds (100g) in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat.
- Tip them into the bowl along with the dates (100g), dried cranberries (80g), and desiccated coconut (200g). Blitz Speed 10 / 20 seconds.
- Scrape the mixture down and blend again Speed 10 / 30 seconds, slowly adding water until it comes together like a crumbly dough.
- Remove from the bowl and tip onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Firmly press the mixture down and shape into a large rectangle. You can add extra coconut on the top if you wish, although you will find that they are already quite coconutty, and the extra coconut has a tendency to be messy! Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours until completely cool.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into thin, long rectangles. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Can be frozen
Keywords: Thermomix Breakfasts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian