Save on the fish and chips this week by making your own healthier version. Transform a humble piece of white fish with a citrus almond crust and pair the fish with zucchini chips. This might be your new favourite way of eating zucchini!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a yummy and easy meal to make. We loved the zucchini chips and can’t wait to use that seasoning on potato or sweet potato chips too!” – Kirsty
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
- zucchini – 500g, cut in half and into thick chips
- salt – 1 tsp
- pepper – 1 tsp
- paprika – 1 tsp
- garlic powder – 1 tsp
- onion powder – 1 tsp
- coconut oil – 1 Tbsp, melted
- lemon – 2, peel, strips
- fresh parsley – 10g
- almonds – 100g, blanched (can use raw if you don’t mind the colour!)
- egg – 1, lightly beaten
- white fish fillets – 4 x 250g, boneless
- Place zucchini chips (500g) onto paper towel. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the salt (1 tsp), pepper (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp), garlic powder (1 tsp) and onion powder (1 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Before baking, sprinkle the seasoning over chips and place in a single layer on the baking tray. Drizzle with coconut oil (1 Tbsp).
- Pop into the oven while you prepare the fish, and remove from the oven when the fish is ready.
- Without washing the bowl, add lemon peel (2 strips) and parsley (10g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add almonds (100g). Blitz Speed 6 / 4 seconds. Set aside.
- Lightly beat egg (1) in a small bowl.
- Place a fish fillet (4 total) into the egg mixture, then coat in the crumb.
- Place the fillets on a sheet of aluminium foil under a high grill for 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for a further 5-6 minutes or until a crust has formed.
- Serve immediately with zucchini chips.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Seafood