Ciabatta with Olive Oil and Balsamic
- Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes to 3 hours 35 minutes + overnight
- Yield: 2 loaves
Bread is a staple on every Italian table, and this freshly baked ciabatta is the perfect starting point for your Italian dinner party. Begin preparation the day before, follow the easy steps and watch as your guests devour the warm bread on arrival!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Initially I thought I wouldn’t make this again, as I’m a lazy cook and avoid recipes that have a ‘night before’ component. But this bread is really tasty and easy, so I think I will!” – Tamara
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- water – 150g
- yeast – 1 tsp
- bakers flour – 200g
- water – 300g
- olive oil – 20g, plus extra to serve
- yeast – 1 Tbsp, dry
- bakers flour – 450g
- salt flakes – 3 tsp
- balsamic vinegar – to serve
- Place water (150g) and yeast (1 tsp) into the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 37C / Speed 1.
- Add the bakers flour (200g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Transfer into a lightly oiled bowl and leave overnight (12 to 24 hours) at room temperature. Cover with lightly oiled clingfilm.
- Place the water (300g), oil (20g) and yeast (1 Tbsp) into the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 37C / Speed 1.
- Add the starter mixture, bakers flour (450g) and salt flakes (3 tsp) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Transfer the sticky dough to an oiled bowl. Cover with clingfilm and allow to double in size for about 1-2 hours.
- Divide the mixture in half and place each piece on its own baking tray lined with baking paper. Shape into a log shape, being careful not to knock too much air out of the dough.
- Allow to rest again for about 1 hour, until it has risen again.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Optional: have a tray in the bottom of the oven and fill it up with water before putting in your loaves of bread. You can also spray water into the oven a few times.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once cool enough, slice and serve. Serve with bowls of olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip, dipping first into the olive oil and then the balsamic.
- Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 5 minutes + 2-3 hours rising time + overnight starter time
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegan, Vegetarian