Chocolate Chickpea Biscuits
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 biscuits, can be doubled
These are my new favourite biscuits. They are so light and muffin-like. Hate chickpeas? Don’t worry. So does my partner. He was clueless that they were in there for over 6 months before I finally told him. You can’t taste them at all due to the cocoa and sugar. If you want a healthier version, you can reduce the sugar or substitute for your sweetener of choice. I use Hoppers 100s & 1000s in this recipe, hence the duller coloured sprinkles, but given they are free of artificial flavours and colours I can deal with it. I think they look cute. – Peta
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
- oats – 45g (*can use GF breadcrumbs)
- brown sugar – 70g, or sweetener of choice
- chickpeas – 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- cocoa powder – 35g, or 25g cacao
- vanilla bean paste – 1 tsp
- baking powder – 1 tsp
- butter – 100g (*or DF spread)
- sprinkles – 100s & 1000s, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place oats (45g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 20 seconds.
- Add sugar (70g), drained chickpeas (from a 400g tin), cocoa (35g), vanilla (1 tsp), baking powder (1 tsp) and butter (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 30 seconds. This will be a wet mix but will be able to be formed into balls.
- Roll balls and place onto prepared baking tray.
- Flatten slightly and sprinkle with 100s and 1000s.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Dough can be frozen
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian