Chocolate Cherry Coconut Slice
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 25 slices
This gorgeous cake has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. The combination of chocolate and coconut is divine at the best of times… but add in fresh cherries? Deeelish!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A super quick, easy and delicious slice, great for lunchboxes or to quickly whip up before friends pop around for afternoon tea. Will definitely be adding to my favourites.” – Renee
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
- butter – 100g, cubed
- chocolate – 75g, dark, in pieces
- brown sugar – 90g, dark
- vanilla – 1 tsp, extract
- desiccated coconut – 80g
- self raising flour – 120g (*can use GF)
- egg – 1
- cherries – 25, fresh
- Preheat oven to fan forced 170C. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper hanging over the sides for easy removal.
- Add butter (100g) and chocolate (75g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 1.
- Add sugar (90g), vanilla (1 tsp), coconut (80g), self raising flour (120g) and egg (1) to the bowl. Blend Speed 6 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Spread batter into the prepared tin and arrange cherries (25) into the batter with stalks poking out.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out almost clean. Keep an eye on it as you don’t want to overcook. Keeping some moisture is the key!
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: Thermomix Desserts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegetarian