Chicken and Coriander Crispy Wontons
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: more than 10
Wontons are crowd favourite, and these little morsels of chicken and coriander do not disappoint. They make the perfect party and finger food. Serve with a little sweet chilli sauce.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A beautiful, fragrant wonton with crispy skin.” – Heidi
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
- wonton wrappers – 500g
- vegetable oil – for frying
- spring onion – 3, roughly chopped
- ginger – 2 cm piece, peeled
- lemongrass – 1 stalk, roughly chopped
- chilli – 1, mild, red, deseeded
- fresh coriander – small handful, leaves
- chicken mince – 800g
- soy sauce – 40g
- oyster sauce – 15g
- pepper – 1 tsp, cracked black
- dried coriander – 1 tsp, ground
- sweet chilli sauce – to serve
You will need:
- chopping board
- wok or saucepan
- paper towel
- Add chopped spring onions (3), peeled ginger (2cm piece), chopped lemongrass (1 stalk), deseeded red chilli (1) and fresh coriander leaves (small handful) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the chicken mince (800g), soy sauce (40g), oyster sauce (15g), cracked black pepper (1 tsp) and ground coriander (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 6 seconds.
- Place a little less than a teaspoon of the filling into the middle of a wonton wrapper (500g total). Wet the edges of the wrapper with your finger.
- Fold the wrapper in half to form a triangle. Secure the edges.
- Fold one corner in to the middle. Fold the remaining corner to the middle.
- Place a wok or saucepan over medium heat. Pour enough oil in to cover the wontons throughout cooking.
- Test if your oil is hot enough to commence cooking. Place a small piece of chicken mince into the pot. If starts to bubble, the oil is ready. Be sure not to have the oil too hot.
- Deep fry the wontons until golden brown. Use caution when deep frying foods or working with hot oil. Heat the oil slowly and gradually to the target temperature, and be sure to lower the food gently into the oil to prevent splashes. Keep a lid nearby and use it to cover the pot or pan in the event of a fire; never try to use water to extinguish a grease fire.
- Remove and drain onto the paper towel and serve immediately.
Can be frozen pre cooking
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks