Carrot and Seed Crackers
- Total Time: 43 minutes
- Yield: a lot!
We love a great twist on a recipe, and the addition of carrot to a seed cracker recipe is no exception. Such a great way to add some extra veg into your diet. Being nut free, it’s great little cracker for the lunchbox as well.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I loved these crackers – I can’t stop eating them. Must admit that I was unsure about them by the looks of the ingredients, but they are delicious even just on their own. I was a little skeptical with this one that they were going to be soggy, but they aren’t at all. Nice and crunchy. Really love that these are nut free and school friendly. They will be on high rotation I think!” – Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- flaxseeds – 85g
- carrots – 400g, roughly chopped
- chia seeds – 85g
- poppy seeds – 2 Tbsp
- sesame seeds – 2 Tbsp
- salt – 1.5 tsp
- water – 50g
- olive oil – 20g
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add flaxseeds (85g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Add carrots (400g) to bowl. Blend Speed 9 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat this process 4 times to form a fine pulp. Remove and place into a fine sieve over the sink to allow any juice to drain. Press the pulp down into the sieve with a spatula to help with this process.
- Add the ground flaxseeds, carrot pulp, chia seeds (85g), poppy seeds (2 Tbsp), sesame seeds (2 Tbsp), salt (1.5 tsp), water (50g) and oil (20g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds, or until a paste has formed.
- Remove dough from bowl and form into two balls.
- Lightly oil two sheets of baking paper and roll each ball of mixture out between the two sheets of paper until thin.
- Carefully remove the top sheets of paper and discard. Place cracker sheets onto the baking trays.
- Cut into small rectangles or any shape you like.
- Bake for 20 minutes. You may need to remove some of the outer crackers early for the middle ones to cook through.
- Turn the sheet of crackers over and remove the baking paper. Bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian