What to say except YUM! You just can’t beat a good Caesar salad recipe.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This salad is just like what you would order at your local café! Add some chicken and voila! Dinner is served!” – Lauren
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Nuts
- water – 500g
- eggs – 5, whole
- bacon – 3, rashers, diced
- lettuce – 3 heads, baby cos, shredded
- Parmesan cheese – 100g, shaved
- croutons – 150g (*can use GF)
- garlic clove – 1, peeled
- anchovy fillet – 4
- egg yolk – 2, large
- lemon juice – 2 Tbsp, fresh
- mustard – 1 tsp, Dijon
- salt – 1 tsp
- pepper – 1 tsp
- macadamia oil – 100g (*use other oil for NF)
- Add the garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the anchovies (4), egg yolks (2), lemon juice (2 Tbsp), mustard (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- With blades spinning on Speed 4, slowly drizzle in the oil (100g). This should take about 1 minute.
- Place into fridge to chill.
- Add the water (500g) to the bowl.
- Add the whole eggs (5) to the internal steaming basket. Set the basket in place. Program 12-15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3, measuring cap on. Use 12 minutes for a more runny egg, and 15 minutes for a more hard boiled egg. You can continue on to the next step while this is cooking.
- Cook the bacon (3 rashers) in a hot frying pan over high heat until crispy.
- Peel and quarter the cooked eggs lengthways.
- Layer the lettuce (3 heads), bacon, eggs, Parmesan cheese (100g) and croutons (150g) into a serving bowl.
- Dollop dressing over the top and serve.
Cannot be frozen
Keywords: Thermomix Free Recipes, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes