What makes Bec’s Fave Banana Bread?
Sometimes we need to be a bit indulgent. This is one of those times. There are so many variations of banana bread, but this is one I created all for myself. Grain free, dairy free, nuts, spice and a little on the oily side. This is what makes up Bec’s Fave Banana Bread. Mmmm… delicious!
I should start by saying that this recipe was originally created for the very first issue of The 4 Blades Magazine, The Tea Party Issue. It was released in the magazine back in November 2014. I took the occasion of our maiden magazine issue voyage to create a banana bread completely to my taste. I will be honest and say that as much as I love it, I now err to our No Sugar Grain Free Banana Bread, simply because the sugar in the rice malt syrup throws me out of whack. BUT, if I had to choose which one I enjoyed eating the most, it would be this one. (Shhh… Don’t tell the other recipe!)
So to mark the exciting re-release of that very first issue, now 18 months old, I thought I would share it with you all. It has also been featured in Episode 106 of the podcast: Thermomix Banana Bread. It really doesn’t take very long to make at all, the Thermomix certainly makes the creation of Bec’s Best Banana Bread much easier!
Let me know if you try it, and if it’s your style of banana bread too!
Bec’s Fave Banana Bread
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8
A good banana bread can be hard to come by. Some don’t have enough banana, some are too dry and sometimes, for me, there just isn’t enough nuts. Well. This banana bread has been tailor made to suit how I like banana bread. In fact, this is my IDEAL banana bread. A bit of a nutty texture with the pecans, plenty of banana taste, a touch of cinnamon and not at all dry. I hope you’ll love it as much as I do. And my family does. And my workmates do. Actually, I hope you’ll love it as much as everyone else does! – Bec
This recipe was featured in Episode 106 of The 4 Blades podcast: Thermomix Banana Bread.
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
- pecans – 50g (*can be omitted for NF)
- coconut flour – 40g
- baking powder – 1 tsp
- bicarb soda – 1 tsp
- nutmeg – 1/2 tsp
- salt – pinch
- coconut oil – 100g
- rice malt syrup – 120g
- eggs – 4
- bananas – 2-3, small (approx. 300g with skin on), broken into halves
- coconut milk – 1/2 cup, (sitting in a jug or measuring cup, ready to go)
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Get all ingredients out and ready on the bench.
- Add pecans (50g), coconut flour (40g), baking powder (1 tsp), bicarb soda (1 tsp), nutmeg (1/2 tsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 2 seconds. Set mixture aside in a bowl.
- Add whisk attachment. Add coconut oil (100g) and rice malt syrup (120g). Set at Speed 4, time counting up.
- After 1:30 minutes, add the following through the hole in the lid: eggs (4) one by one (crack into the mug or glass first so you don’t ruin your banana bread if one is rotten), bananas (2-3), coconut milk (1/2 cup), then the flour nut mix. Stop as soon as combined. (In total, this took us 4 minutes).
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. If you like nuts, you can sprinkle some more pecans over the top of the batter. They will sink and you will find them throughout your banana bread!
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: Thermomix Breakfasts, Free Thermomix Recipe, Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Sweets & Desserts