Asian Chicken Meatballs with Vegetables and Noodles
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
This meals is sure to be a hit with the kiddies. Who doesn’t love meatballs paired with any type of noodle? It is a great weeknight dinner that you can whip up in no time at all.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The whole family really enjoyed this meal – the kids were super excited that ‘the spaghetti is yellow, honestly, it really is yellow!’ For adults you could easily add some chilli to the finished dish to spice it up a bit, but it tasted great without it.” – Lou
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
- garlic clove – 1, peeled
- ginger – 5g, fresh, peeled
- onion – 3, spring, sliced
- chicken mince – 500g
- soy sauce – 20g (*or tamari for GF)
- oyster sauce – 20g (*use GF if required)
- pepper – to taste
- water – 600g, to steam
- egg noodles – 350g, Singapore style (*or rice noodles for GF)
- water – boiling, to cook the noodles
- snow peas – 100g, cut in half
- corn – 425g, baby, drained
- capsicum – 1/2, red, sliced into strips
- sesame seeds – 1 Tbsp, toasted
- garlic clove – 1, small, peeled
- sesame oil – 1 tsp
- ginger – 5g, fresh, peeled
- honey – 40g
- soy sauce – 40g (*or tamari for GF)
- pepper – 1/4 tsp, black, ground
- Place garlic clove (1), ginger (5g) and spring onions (3) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add chicken (500g), soy sauce (20g), oyster sauce (20g) and pepper (to taste) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until combined. Spoon out onto plate and wash the bowl out.
- Scrunch a piece of baking paper under water. Smooth it out and place into the steaming attachment lower dish.
- Roll 24 small meatballs from the mince mixture and place onto the baking paper.
- Add water (600g) to the bowl and put steaming attachment into place. Program 18 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Soak the Singapore noodles (350g) in boiling water as per packet instructions. Drain noodles once cooked/heated through.
- Place the peas (100g), corn (425g) and capsicum strips (1/2) onto the steaming attachment upper tray.
- Once the 18 minutes are finished, add the upper tray to the steaming attachment. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Check that the chicken meatballs are cooked through.
- Place meatballs into an insulated server along with veggies and drained noodles.
- To your clean, dry bowl, add garlic clove (1) and ginger (5g). Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (1 tsp). Program 2 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add honey (40g), soy sauce (40g) and pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Pour sauce over the noodles and meatballs.
- Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds (1 Tbsp) over the top.
Can be frozen
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks