Feeling overwhelmed by these gorgeous patisserie items? These quick and easy apple turnovers are easily made with simple ingredients you probably already have at home. Kids will have heaps of fun making their own and the best thing? They are so very tasty.
This recipe was also featured in Episode 77 of The 4 Blades podcast: Yum Thermomix Desserts.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These are delicious! I’ll definitely make them again!” – Lily, Age 10
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
- butter – 25g, (*or dairy free spread)
- raw sugar – 60g
- cinnamon – 1/2 tsp, ground
- lemon – 1/2, juice only
- apple – 500g, peeled and quartered
- puff pastry – 3 sheets, store bought
- milk of choice – to brush
- Add butter (25g), sugar (60g), cinnamon (1/2 tsp) and lemon juice to bowl.
- Program 2 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Add apples and chop Speed 4 / 2 Seconds.
- Program 8 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Put the simmering basket into the bowl and drain any excess fluid from the apple mixture.
- Lay sheet of pastry on the bench and cut into square quarters.
- Spoon out 1-2 Tbsp of the mixture into the centre of each square
- Close parcels by bringing two corners together to make a triangle and press the edges together firmly.
- You can cut out letters or shapes with any remaining pastry and sit these on the pastry.
- Brush with milk and bake for 20 minutes.
Cannot be frozen
Keywords: Thermomix Desserts, Free Thermomix Recipes, Sweet Thermomix Snacks, Vegetarian