This recipe is really a two-for-one. It makes a delicious whole roasted cauliflower (perfect as a side dish OR as a main meal), and it also makes an AMAZING stuffing which can be used in this dish or as a standalone dip. You simply cannot go wrong with this dish for a vegetarian feast. We’ve found that if you slice the roasted cauliflower like a loaf of bread, it falls apart beautifully and is super easy to serve.
We also featured this recipe in Episode 137 of the podcast: Thermomix Vegetarian BBQ.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Tasty and flavoursome – a healthy way of having dip without crackers!” – Heidi
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
- garlic cloves – 2, peeled
- Parmesan cheese – 40g
- capsicum – 150g, roasted, drained (from a jar or deli)
- almonds – 80g
- cauliflower – 1 whole, leaves and stem removed
- garlic clove – 1, peeled
- oil – 20g
- paprika – 1 Tbsp
- sumac – 2 tsp
- yoghurt – 60g, plain
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- pepper – to taste
You will need:
- baking tray
- baking paper
- chopping board
- basting brush
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) and Parmesan cheese (40g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the drained roasted capsicum (150g) and almonds (80g) to the bowl. Process Closed Lid / Turbo / 4 x 0.5 second blasts, or to your preferred consistency. Check the consistency of the stuffing through the lid and continue processing if you wish.
- Stuff the pesto into the prepared cauliflower (1), into the hole where you have removed the stem and through the branches of the cauliflower. Set the remaining stuffing aside to serve over the roasted cauliflower, or to use as a dip.
- Set the cauliflower on the prepared tray.
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g), paprika (1 Tbsp), sumac (2 tsp), yoghurt (60g) salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (to taste) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Paste the mixture over the cauliflower with a brush.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour or until blackened on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Slice the cauliflower like bread and serve it alongside the remaining pesto dip.
Cannot be frozen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 38 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegetarian