This simple beetroot dip has a sensational colour (perfect for a celebration!) and utilises the yummy earthy flavour of the roast beetroot.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
- beetroot – 500g, peeled and cubed
- olive oil
- garlic clove – 1
- yoghurt – 200g, natural (*or your preferred dairy-free yoghurt)
- Peel and cube 500g beetroot.
- Fill bowl with 500g hot water.
- Put beetroot into lower dish of internal steaming basket.
- Put steaming basket into place and program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Once the beetroot has finished, put it on a lined baking tray drizzled with some olive oil and sprinkled with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes. You should be able to pierce the beetroot with a fork.
- Leave the beetroot out of the oven to cool.
- Chop a clove of garlic Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add the beetroot to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add yoghurt (200g) and a pinch of salt to the bowl. Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Serve immediately if you would like a warm dip, or store in the fridge before serving cold.
Can be refrigerated for a few days if fresh. Don’t store after serving for food safety. Best not frozen.
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lower Carb, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian