Turkey is a great variation from traditional chicken burgers for your American BBQ. Make it a bit fancier by combining your turkey burger patty with a sourdough bun, lots of rocket leaves, camembert cheese and some cranberry sauce. If turkey is hard to come by, you can use chicken breast in lieu.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A delicious and incredibly simple burger patty to make which is full of flavour. Not much needs to be added to this burger – we just had it with cheese, salad leaves, mayonnaise and beetroot relish and were really impressed.” – Alana
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
- turkey mince – 500g
- breadcrumbs – 50g (*can use GF)
- egg – 1
- dried onion flakes – 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder – 1 tsp, dried
- chilli flakes – 1/2 – 1 tsp, dried, to taste
- fresh parsley – 2 Tbsp, chopped
- fresh tarragon – 2 Tbsp, chopped
- oil – of choice
- Place turkey mince (500g), breadcrumbs (50g), egg (1), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), chilli flakes (1/2 – 1 tsp), parsley (2 Tbsp) and tarragon (2 Tbsp) in the bowl. Combine Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Shape into 5 patties. Place patties onto a plate, cover with clingfilm and chill for 2 hours before grilling.
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium high heat. Brush each patty with a little oil.
- Place onto the BBQ plate, cook for 6 minutes and then flip over and cook the other side for another 4-6 minutes. Ensure they are cooked through before consuming.
- Serve with crusty bread rolls and salad of choice.
Can be frozen pre or post cooking
- Prep Time: 5 minutes + 1 hour chilling time
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks