When I was younger we went to family day care. This is a recipe my “family day care mum”would often make for afternoon tea, served with crackers. At the time I thought it was the worst thing ever but as I got older I grew to love it! This is my recreation of the dip based on my memories. – Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A great combination of protein and good fats make this a nutritious dip that could be eaten on crackers as nibbles or on cruskits or toast for lunch at work or on a picnic. The dip looked great presented in the avocado shells and tasted amazing.” – Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
- avocado – 1
- tuna – 185g
- lemon juice – less if desired
- salt – 1 tsp
- pepper – 1 tsp
- Slice avocado in half and remove the seed. Ensure you leave the outer skin intact as this will form our bowl as shown in the feature image above.
- Place the flesh from avocado (1) into bowl. Speed 6 / 8 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add tuna (185g), lemon juice (1), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to bowl. Speed 4 / 5 seconds to combine.
- Place dip into avocado shells and serve with crackers.
Note: You can add a little chilli to this dip if desired.
Transport in a sealed airtight container with an icepack to keep it cool. Keep refrigerated as long as possible.
Cannot be frozen
Keywords: Free Thermomix Recipes, LCHF, Lower Carb, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Seafood