Tomato soup is a classic comforting dish that is loved by so many people. This recipe contains aromatic basil and is topped with some sour cream to make the soup a creamy, light lunch or the perfect starter at dinner time. We have also tested this soup without sour cream and it is still delicious! You can freeze the soup and use it in small batches for lunch on the run or even serve in small glasses as a party appetiser.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I am not actually a lover of tomato soup but this one was really light and fresh and delicious.” – Shannon
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
- garlic clove – 1, peeled
- onion – 1, peeled and quartered
- butter – 40g (*or oil for DF)
- tinned tomatoes – 400g
- tomato – 4, Roma, halved, ripe
- tomato paste – 70g
- salt – 1 tsp
- sugar – 1 tsp
- dried oregano – 1 Tbsp
- carrot – 80g, chopped into small chunks
- celery – 50g, chopped into small chunks
- water – 500g, less if you prefer a thicker soup
- vegetable stock – 1, cube
- sour cream – 100g (*can omit for DF)
- fresh basil – 10g
- Place the garlic clove (1) and onion (1) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the butter (40g). Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the tinned tomatoes (400g), ripe tomatoes (4), tomato paste (70g), salt (1 tsp), sugar (1 tsp), oregano (1 Tbsp), carrot (1), celery (1), water (500g) and vegetable stock cube (1) to the bowl. Cook 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the sour cream (100g) and fresh basil (10g) to the bowl. Mix 1 minute / Speed 8. Start on Speed 4, then slowly move up to Speed 8. Please read your machine’s user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Serve in small bowls or glasses, or freeze in batches.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Can be frozen
Keywords: Thermomix Free Recipes, Lower Carb, Lunch & Dinner Thermomix Recipes, Savoury Thermomix Snacks, Thermomix Side Dishes, Vegan, Vegetarian